Tuesday 6 September 2016

Laikyn's 3rd Birthday

I'm still in shock that I have a 3-year-old! Where has the time gone!? The day she was born was definitely the best day of my life. Mine and Mark's entire world changed, and it was definitely for the better!

Birthdays are so fun to me! You get to celebrate somebody you love and spoil and over appreciate them without feeling completely and totally overbearing and guilty about it. You don't have to worry if you're making everything fair or hurting anybody's feelings. It's awesome And we definitely had a fun day celebrating. We went to Get Air and her and Ben had the whole kiddie area to themselves. They were running* all over those tramps! Laikyn was scared of the foam pit for some reason though, so we avoided that. (except when Mark shoved me in and it took me about 20 minutes to get out. I'm sure that was a sight to behold) Afterwards we went to good old McD's and ate our weight in food there. We had coupons and boy did we abuse them. I'm pretty sure I ate the amount of calories in one meal that I'm supposed to have the entire day. And I'm lucky enough that McDonald's has always sat really well in my stomach. (or maybe that's unlucky, ha.) Anyways, you should've seen Ben eating those fries. I honestly thought he must've been dropping them onto the floor because he was eating them so dang fast. And it wasn't just pieces of fries. I was giving him the whole entire thing.

And Laikyn, of course, loved the play place. What child wouldn't love a totally foot-infested, diseased playground where you may extract who knows what kind of fungi or sickness from? And then of course Laikyn gets stuck at the very, very top and "can't get down." She was bawling her eyes out because she thought it was too far to get to the step below. Some kids were trying to help her, but she was inconsolable at that point. So I had to slither my way through the platforms all the way up to the top to save her. She asked if I wanted to go on the slide on the way down. So we went. You should've seen the face of the little boy when a mom came out of the slide. Haha.

After we went and got some Tim Hortons donuts to fill up the empty spaces in our stomachs and took them to Grandma and Grandpa Olsens house where she opened up the presents I gave her and to blow out the candles. It was a great day! And if you saw on snapchat, to say she loved the princess dresses that she got was an understatement. She kept saying over and over again "I'm Princess Laiky from Bezah!" (Bezah is how she says Beazer.) Actually, as I'm writing this I think I saved that video before posting it. So I'll put it in for ya if you wanna watch it.

Then fast forward to Monday (yesterday) and we had a family bday party with all of "the cousins." (which includes Em, Mike, Mitch, and Reg -- even though they're her uncles and aunt. ha) We packed 31 people into my tiny little house and it was so fun! We ate indian tacos and then honey butter scones and then we had a sundae bar later on, which included homemade chocolate and caramel sauce (thanks Lynds) and mini bite-sized snickerdoodles. It was delish! Everybody brought stuff and helped clean up and it was awesome. The kids also did a tiny treasure hunt around the yard, which they thought was really fun! It was a blast! It made me really just how blessed my kids are to have so many great people who love them. Laikyn has been asking everybody to come back to play at our house all day today. Any takers??

Laikyn, you're such a sassy and fun girl. You have a zest for life that is hard to match and I just know you'll get the most out of life. Thanks for making me laugh harder than anybody else. I'm so glad that I get to be you mom. Happy Birthday!

*When I said Ben was running, I mean crawling as fast as his chubby little body can carry him. No, he isn't walking yet. He has taken a couple steps though!

No comments:

Post a Comment