Tuesday 28 June 2016

When I Think About Those Summer Nights

Well, summer has officially began with Mark finishing up his last day of school today! But since He's off on a YMs camp for a couple days, I decided to take my alone time and put it to good use (aka-blogging.) Every time summer comes around my love for country music comes back in, full force. I don't know what it is! There's just something about summertime and country music for me. But really, I just love music in the summer altogether. I play it non stop. The other day Laiky said, "Can you pleaasseee turn off the songs?!" It's not very often a 2 year old tells a 26 year old to turn off the music.

So I decided to write down my summer playlist for you guys. Laikyn and I dance to these songs at least once a day. And maybe twice a day if Laiky allows it ;)

1. Can't stop the Feeling - Justin Timberlake. This is number one on my list because, well, just click on the link and you'll see why.
2. Confessions - Florida Georgia Line
3. Snapback - Old Dominion (this is more of a windows down cruising song, ya know?)
4. Just Like Fire - Pink (Prettty sure I could run all the way to Lethbridge while listening to this song.)
5. Try Everything - Shakira
6. Youth - Troye Sivan
7. Send My Love - Adele/
8. Wasted Time - Keith Urban (the lyrics are the title of my post)
9. Beautiful Drug - Zac Brown Band
10. Wild Things - Alessia Cara (I know it's a little older, but I still just love it.)
11. New Romantics - Taylor Swift (this should be up higher on the list but I'm too lazy to edit it)
12. Sit Still and Look Pretty - Daya
13. Cheap Thrills - Sia
14. Stand By You - Rachel Platten
15. Sorry - Justin Bieber (except I linked a cover of it that I love.)

And then we'll slow it down with these:

15. Peter Pan - Kelsea Ballerini
16. From the Ground Up - Dan + Shay
17. Head Over Boots - Jon Pardi
18. H.O.L.Y. -  Florida Georgia Line
19. Let it Go - James Bay/
20. One Call Away - Charlie Puth (I know it's a little old, but i still love belting it out, so it's worth putting it on the list)
21. Better Place - Rachel Platten (I just picture wedding slide shows when I hear this song and it makes me happy)
22. Meanwhile Back at Mama's - Tim McGraw ft Faith Hill (this song gets me every time. it never gets old)

Anyways, if you have any more songs that you bust a move to or you just think are amazing PLEASE leave me a comment because I'm always looking for new music. I really love all types so don't hold back. Plus, if you need a little help from my soul sista on how to brighten up your day a bit, watch the vid below.





3 comments:

  1. Love this post, Bethy! And thanks for sharing! Also, YOU LOVE ALISON TOO??? If we are ever in Utah at the same time, or even Canada and want to road trip to Utah for one of her dance parties, count me in!!! Or we should just host one in Canada all on our own..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i LOVE her! and let's do it! seriously. it's on my bucket list! Hosting would be way fun too!! Even better, let's make them both happen!!

      Delete
  2. I hate you for it - Chad Brownlee. Though having my 3 year old sining 'I hate you for it' isn't sitting too well with me... but the song is so catchy! Thanks for the sweet playlist ideas Bethany!!!

    ReplyDelete