Tuesday 9 September 2014

Laikyn's 1st bday

Laikyn is now a 1-year-old. Say whaaaatt?! I know -- I can hardly believe it myself. I know you've heard all this sort of talk before, but really, where did my baby go? this year has flown by faster than a SR-72 hypersonic Mach 6. (sounds fast, doesn't it? that's cause it is.) It's so bittersweet. Wasn't it just yesterday that I felt more powerful than Wonder Woman after I gave my last push and the doctor handed me my daughter for the first time? Didn't I just figure out that she likes to be bounced to fall asleep? but heaven forbid I could sit while doing it. she had a standing-up only policy for a while. I used to call that my workout for the week. And I could've sworn that she just learn how to sit up, roll over, and crawl. Now she runs and eats real food. I can hardly keep up.

But obviously we had to party for her bday, and partied we did! In lieu of me having Laikyn on Labour Day last year (LABOUR day -- baha) I figured that we'd celebrate her big day on Labor Day again (which was actually a day before her real 1st birthday. I know I cheated. She'll never know)  We ate delicious food, enjoyed great company, played many games of wonka ball, opened presents (our families spoiled her!) and had some cake, of course! The day went so perfect (besides the fact that she hated the cake I made her and chucked it instead of eating it-ha!) But really, I was overwhelmed with love. I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life around me and my little family, and I realized it even more so on that day while everybody surrounded her while singing 'Happy Birthday' and cheering her on.

Laikyn, you have made my life more crazy and funner than ever before. You have also made me quite tired, I'll just be honest. But this year has been my favourite thus far, so cheers to you, my little bbg! I love you and always will! xo

3 comments:

  1. I loved this!! She looks so cute in every single picture. My favs are the one of you holding her feeding a bottle (you look gorg) and the one of her kissing Mark's cheek! Also all the ones that show her chubby rolls… :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my lanta! You birthed a big baby -- how much did she weigh? I love chubby babies with all my heart and I hope my little Sheriff starts to look like Laikyn. She's so stinkin' adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, and sheriff IS adorable! and she weighed 8' 8 so she was definitely chubby!

      Delete