Thursday 24 April 2014

Since Becoming a Mom

Since becoming a mom I've realized that I'm horrible at changing diapers.
Since becoming a mom I know that soothers have mastered the disappearing act and will bounce into the craziest places.

Since becoming a mom I cheer over burps and farts.

Since becoming a mom I know now that the only way to escape from the nursery without them seeing you is to army crawl out.

Since becoming a mom my body has never changed so much in my whole life. I have every size of clothing in my closet. Gaining 50 lbs will do that to a person.

Since becoming a mom I now call myself a zebra: my stretch marks are large and white. They are now my favorite animal. (not really, actually)

Since becoming a mom I've realized it's almost impossible to stop a baby from rolling over while changing their diaper and that babies like to pee while naked. every time.

Since becoming a mom I know that babies absolutely hate getting their faces wiped. The only way to get anything off their face it to use the element of surprise. You gotta strike like a cobra, or else...

Since becoming a mom I actually turn off the radio while I drive. I never thought I would be one of those moms. Now I enjoy peace and quiet every now and again.

Since becoming a mom I know now that baby poop stains your hands. Seriously, it's so hard to get off!

Since becoming a mom my clothes are dirtier than ever before. (trust me, that's hard to believe) In fact, Laikyn uses my clothes as Kleenex and I really could care less.

Since becoming a mom I've tripped on blocks and balls every day.

Since becoming a mom my laundry is always going.

Since becoming a mom I love country music more than ever before. Sorry Eminem and Britney.

Since becoming a mom I've slept all the way through the night maybe 25 times.

Since becoming a mom I rarely get out of my pajamas. and when Laikyn was a newborn, muumuus were my best friends.

Since becoming a mom I can't eat my favorite food . Laikyn has an intolerance to milk. I used to eat cereal three times a day.

Since becoming a mom I've become a pro block-tower builder.

Since becoming a mom the knees on my pants are wearing out.

Since becoming a mom I've never been poorer.

Since becoming a mom I can actually change a poopy diaper without dry heaving.

Since becoming a mom I actually think a bum is cute.

Since becoming a mom bath time for Laikyn is my favorite part of the day.

Since becoming a mom I never knew how much gunk was on my floor until Laikyn started putting it all in her mouth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Since becoming a mom I surprisingly love to stay at home. (I have yet to develop a love of housework, though.)
Since becoming a mom I appreciate my own mom even more.
Since becoming a mom I actually understand the role of women.
Since becoming a mom a smile is always on my face.
Since becoming a mom I rarely think about myself.
Since becoming a mom I've never felt more tired, nor have I ever felt more fulfilled.
Since becoming a mom I love my husband even more.
Since becoming a mom I've tried to make myself a better person.
Since becoming a mom I've cried out of pure joy at least once a week.
Since becoming a mom I've also cried at the thought of my baby getting bigger and bigger.
Since becoming a mom I've never been more proud.
Since becoming a mom I've felt emotions that I never knew existed.
Since becoming a mom I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father with a greater love than I ever have before.

Since becoming a mom I know what matters most.
Since becoming a mom I'm starting to love others as He does  (especially myself.)
Since becoming a mom I've never laughed harder.
Since becoming a mom I've never loved greater.




I love being a wife. I love being a mom. This is what life is all about!



pic name pic name

7 comments:

  1. This made me tear up a little! And I am right there with you on turning the music off in the car! I used to love it loud and I'd sing along. Now I just sit and enjoy the silence...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. quiet moments only happen so often these days! gotta snatch em while you can!

      Delete
  2. You are going to continue being such a great mom and Laikyn is very lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I'm actually super excited I came across your blog. I remember meeting you up in Edmonton at some Relief Society brunch thing at the same table as the Eakett girls. I'm actually expecting a girl at the end of June and this post made me so excited :) And as for your disclaimer - I love it. Blogging virgins are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew of you before we officially met anyway, but yes I remember that day! (that sorta sounds creepy. sorry. small towns...) I'm glad you gave me feedback because I seriously have no clue what I'm doing! so, thanks! and Congrats on being pregnant! little girls are seriously the best! =)

      Delete
  4. Ahhh love your blog Bethy! I'm due Sunday and I agree that this made me super excited. :D You're family is so sweet and I can't wait for our little lady to join ours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Beefy!! I'm loving all those posts :) Keep them comin!

    ReplyDelete